All Rights Reserved. Please read
Historical Photographs and Documents gathered from around The Somerset Hills
In the Bedminster section of Pluckemin once stood the Pluckemin Woolen Mills, also known as the Somerville Wollen Mills. It was built in 1895 on the southern side of the Chambers Brook River, below the mill dam. Somewhere between 1905 and 1910, the name was changed to the Somerville Manufacturing Company. In 1911, the Superior Thread and Yarn Company purchased the property. It was demolished in 1927. Photo courtesy of the E. Van Doren collection and Images of America Series:Bedminster.