All Rights Reserved. Please read
Historical Photographs and Documents gathered from around The Somerset Hills
Now back to it's original name - The Store is now the Washington House. It was named The Store for over 30 years. In June 1972, the Parks family sold the restaurant to Jack Welch of Bernardsville and Jeff Beers of Mendham, two 25-year-old restaurateurs from Basking Ridge and Morristown, respectively, who renamed it The Store. The Store then changed ownership in August of 2010 when purchased by Mark Marrazzo of the Martinsville section of Bridgewater, owner of the upscale Tewksbury Inn in Oldwick, the name changed to the Ridge Tavern. In August of 2013, the Jepsen Family partnered with the existing owner and undertook an extensive renovation that was spearheaded by Scandic Builders and renamed The Washington House. The Washington House Hotel was built circa 1871. It was built for Augustus Moore by Clayton Space, a local builder. The three-story structure, featuring a cupola, was described as having a dining room seating 25 persons, 16 rooms and stabling accommodations for 18 horses. It's sister house is the current Bank of America Building, just up the road.